Chilled Water Buffer Tanks
Laars Chilled Water Buffer Tanks are designed to increase water volume capacity, in relation to the chiller capacity. Low water volume systems may require additional buffer capacity to eliminate excessive chiller cycling, poor temperature control or erratic system operation. These tanks increase the capacity of a chilled water system and help stabilize the return water temperature. This results in fewer cycles of the compressor and better temperature control. Between three and ten gallons of total capacity in the system per nominal ton is recommended, depending on the accuracy of temperature control required. Five gallons per nominal ton is recommended for a typical air conditioning system.
- All tanks are constructed and certified in accordance with ASME section VIII, Div. I code
- Red oxide shop primer exterior
- Spray foam insulation available, R-16 value and acrylic top coat
- Custom sizes available upon request
- Can be ordered in vertical or horizontal orientation