Combination Water Heater with Heating Coils
Perfect home comfort and potable water from a single energy-saving source. Patented, double wall, 1" O.D. glass coated steel coil heat exchanger.
Combi-Heat - Residential - Combination Water and Space Heater (Size Range: 50 and 75 Gallon) - Indoor
Combi Heat Features
- Intelligent Gas Control
- Enhanced Performance - enhanced First Hour Delivery ratings and tighter temperature differentials.
- Advanced Temperature Control System - Microprocessor constantly monitors and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water temperature levels.
- Intelligent Diagnostics - An exclusive green LED light prompts the installer during start-up and provides ten different diagnostic codes to assist in troubleshooting.
- Pilot On Indication - Flashing green LED provides positive indication that pilot is on. (Not available on PV models)
- Separate Immersed Thermowell - High strength advanced polymer composite thermowell provides isolation between electric temperature sensor and surrounding water. No need to drain the tank when removing gas valve. (Not available on PV models)
- Internal Double Wall Heat Exchanger - Double wall 1-1/2" O.D. glass coated steel coil ensures separation of potable water and heating fluid.
A Laars Combi Heat is easy to install and operates similar to a conventional water heater. When there is a demand for domestic hot water, water enters the bottom of the tank and hot water from the top of the tank is delivered to the load.
When there is a demand for space heating, a pump circulates water through the coil inside the tank, and out to the heat emitters. The storage tank is maintained at the desired temperature for domestic hot water. Because this temperature is cooler than conventional hydronic systems, the space heating delivery system needs to be slightly larger than typical. Alternatively, the storage tank can be operated at a higher water temperature; this requires tempering valves to prevent scalding at the taps.